Honors Algebra 2 - Honors Geometry - OnRamp Statistics
Room A104 - Conference Period: TBD
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ***Students should email through Canvas for faster response.
School Phone: (512) 564-2310
Welcome to Lampasas High School !
I am very excited about this school year. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I grew up in Wimberley and went to college at KSU in Manhattan, KS. I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Mathematics from Texas Woman's University and a Master’s degree through the University of North Texas in Curriculum & Instruction. I moved to Lampasas from The Colony (up near Dallas/Ft. Worth) with my husband and 3 boys the summer of 2017. I have taught math for 15 years and am eager to be teaching Honors Algebra 2 and Honors Geometry again here at the high school. I will be starting the OnRamp Statistics for the first time this year. I look forward to having a fun and exciting year!
As for my teaching expectations, I have high expectations for all of my students and expect great success this year! I wanted to take this time to ask you to help your own students start the year off successfully. There are a few key points that will greatly impact their success.
EXPECTATIONS FOR EXCELLENCE…PURSUE the Best You!
This is what it looks like:
- Be Prompt...ready to work Bell 2 Bell.
- Be Prepared... SUPPLIES NEEDED…
- Math Journal (Composition Book/Spiral/Binder/Folder...pick one)
- Pencil/Eraser/Sharpener …with many backups.
- Chromebook for assignments.
- **Supplies must be restocked as needed or lost.
- Be Productive… Make sure to do your work EVERY night! ☺
- Be Responsible…such as....
- General Daily Class Procedures: Review them regularly.
- Enter the room promptly and start the bell ringer.
- Have personal needs taken care of by the tardy bell.
- Remember, the teacher dismisses the class, not the bell. Do not begin packing up until after the bell.
- Clean desk and surrounding area before leaving the classroom. Return any borrowed materials to their correct place.
- ABSENCE WORK…
- It is the student’s responsibility to pick up any missing work, and turn in any work that was due the day(s) you were out. Work that is assigned prior to your absence is due the day you return! Don’t get behind. School Related Activity Absences---Students are required to collect their assignments prior to missing class and turn it in upon return.
- EXTRA HELP…
- It is your responsibility to come in for extra help. I don’t know that you don’t understand something unless you let me know. You are welcome to get help from any math teacher.
- *Mondays through Thursdays after school.
- *Come as needed or come to academics.
- LATE WORK…
- *No late work will be accepted.* -
~~Reassessment opportunities will be available upon request for major grades below a 70 only. *PreAp is only permitted 1 retake per nine weeks. *All students wanting to reassess must have all prior assignments within the unit turned in & completed prior to taking the original assessment, attend one half hour remediation session (academics or tutorials), and the reassessment must be taken within 5 days of the original assessment.
Categories and Weighting of Assignments:
% of 9 Wk Avg
Major Summatives: Tests, Projects, Planned Quizzes
Minor Summatives: Vocabulary, Canvas assignments, Bell Ringers, Exit Tickets, Pop Quizzes, etc.
- Students will be required to use and have access to Canvas.
- Students will have access to online resources. Be familiar with where to access these.
- Students will use in class the TI-84s. Students are welcome to purchase their own or can use the app on their chromebooks. Students may also use Desmos.
Curriculum Topics: see subject link for class topics.
I am blessed for the opportunity to teach your child and inspire him/her to be the best he/she can be. Through collaborating as a team, this will be successful.